Meet the Team
Nashville's Choice for Lasik & Cataract Surgery
We care about your vision.
Our staff is comprised of trained professionals who care about you and your vision. Located in the heart of downtown Nashville, Shofner Vision Center has provided the highest quality of vision care for over 25 years. Read our recent reviews.
Improving vision for over 25 years in Nashville, Shofner Vision Center is comprised of two stellar doctors and a dedicated staff of professionals that strive to offer patients the best experience possible. Dr. Stewart Shofner, one of the most prominent eye surgeons in the country, has performed more than 40,000 LASIK vision correction surgeries and 20,000 ocular surgeries in Middle Tennessee. Dr. Shofner specializes in cataract vision correction and LASIK vision correction surgery, eye disease diagnosis and treatment.
We are very thankful for having the opportunity to provide vision care services for over 25 years.
Robert Stewart Shofner, MD
Dr. Shofner is a board-certified ophthalmologist, completing his BS from Harvard, his residency at Yale, and his fellowship from LSU. While at Yale, Dr. Shofner performed the very first PRK surgery in the US. Since then, he has completed over 60,000 surgeries in his career. As a supporter of the military, he was recently awarded the ESGR award.
Shilpa Patel, OD
Dr. Patel joins Shofner Vision Center and offers over 10 years of industry experience as an optometrist in the Austin, TX area. Traveling abroad, Dr. Patel has served those who were unable to afford eye healthcare.
Join our Team
We are currently seeking energetic professionals to join our team at Shofner Vision Center. If you are interested, please EMAIL or FAX your resume to (615) 340-4734. Please select the position below to view more details.
- Greet and assist patients and visitors, sign them in and obtain insurance information and other necessary data.
- Maintain the organization of a medical office and ensure the medical environment is welcoming, calm, and quiet for patients and their families.
- Provide compassionate service to patients while managing patient communication, filing, and answering telephones.
- Provide patients with intake and new patient forms as well as copies of our office policies and legally required documents.
- Schedule appointments for new and recurring patients.
- Coordinate patient and physician schedules, Answer multi-line phones and help handle patient needs and requests.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy patient records.
- Provide administrative support to the office and team members.
- Patient Scheduling
- Payment Acceptance
- Patient Care Coordination
- Front Desk
- Basic Medical Terminology
- Administrative Duties
- Medical Secretary Duties
- Working in an office
- Experience using Advanced MD PM and EHR systems
- High school diploma required; Associates preferred
- Years of experience: 1-2 years.
- Experience level: Experienced.
- Possesses sufficient knowledge, training, and experience to be capable of successfully delivering results without requiring support and instruction from others.
- Able to train and educate by setting the example, giving instruction, providing leadership, and generally raising the level of performance of others while on the job.
- Performs ophthalmic work up for new and return patients with minimal guidance.Performs basic, intermediate, and advanced ophthalmic exam techniques including specialized testing.Provides leadership and serves as a role model in clinical support functions.Provides basic, intermediate, and advanced ophthalmic workup and specialized testing with no supervision; educates and trains others in the skill sets of workup and testing (basic intermediate, and advanced).Leads team in maintaining a clean working environment, stocked rooms, equipment, and EOC guidelines.The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Preferred Education, Skills, and Experiences:
- High School Diploma / GED required
- Associates Degree (highly preferred)
- Active COA / COT certification (highly preferred) 3 years of experience.
- Experience working at an eye care facility.
- Experience using OCT, Orbscan or Topography, WaveScan, etc.